跳到主要內容

# 5 What makes a good life

VOCABULARY

exceedingly (adv.) 非常地

to a very great degree

He was cleverhandsome, and exceedingly rich.

persistence (n.) 持續存在;堅持不懈

the fact that someone or something persists

Most financial analysts have been surprised by the persistence of the recession.

schizophrenia (n.) 精神分裂症

a serious mental illness in which someone cannot understand what is real and what is imaginary

◆ He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

octogenarian (n.) 八旬老人

a person who is between 80 and 89 years old

◆ My sick grandpa was very excited to be reaching octogenarian status. 

cholesterol (n.) 膽固醇

a substance containing a lot of fat that is found in the body tissue and blood of all animals, thought to be part of the cause of heart disease if there is too much of it

◆ An oil that is high in polyunsaturates and low in cholesterol

glamorous (adj.) 有魅力的

attractive in an exciting and special way

◆ She was looking very glamorous.



留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#2 Podcast Recommendation

 The podcast I recommend is ”No Such Thing As A Fish”. It’s a weekly podcast for 35-50 minutes each episode. Four hosts will share fascinating facts they’ve learned in life every week. Host by Dan Schreiber, with James Harkin, Andrew Hunter Murray, and Anna Ptaszynski. It’s not only hilarious but also a rare educational podcast. It will enlightened you after listened it. BTW if you love British accent, I promise you’ll like it!  Link for Spotify user:  https://open.spotify.com/episode/37DTQrYiY8pNtH77wizpTz?si=AwMWa3a8QxSS6EwEA-G9GA&nd=1 Official website:  https://www.nosuchthingasafish.com/

#4 Thought on the talk: Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

Q1: Do you procrastinate sometimes?  Yes, I  always procrastinate, but if it is team work project I won't be procrastinate. Because I'll feel so guilty about delaying the progress rate. Q2: What are some of the things you procrastinate on? Almost everything.😂 I always think that I still have lots of time till deadline. Q3:  What are strategies you can use to combat procrastination. 1.Write it down on the calendar and allocate time on everything. 2.Made to-do list everyday.

#1 ABOUT ME

Hi! This is Rebecca! Welcome to my blog! I was born on October 10 th ,1999.  I graduated from the international business of National Taichung University of Science and Technology , and now I'm studying Finance at National Taipei University of Business. I am outgoing and cheerful, also my friends said that I’m a good listener. I am kind of person who pays attention to detail and very observant. I love to travel, love anything happened in the journey no matter its great or bad. The unpredictability makes the trip more memorable. I spend my leisure time on watching movie and Netflix. I love situation comedy and crime films.Also I love to watch basketball game, especially the professional league in Taiwan. The sport environment in Taiwan isn’t that great, people do not consider it important. So I always buy ticket and watch the game live at court, sport it in any possible way. Hope one day in the future, the awareness of sport can be increased! So if you’re a game lover, come